Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kanye West vs. The Paparazzi


Ok...so in the past 24 hours a whole lot of rhetoric has been coming out of Kanye West's mouth!  

Remember this is coming from the dude that denied rumors about checking into anger management?  "The bloggers or the media got it all wrong again" West claimed.  So there's a scuffle at a club, a photographer gets a bloody nose and West gets arrested...interesting!

I continue to research the entire debacle...now it's about the late Princess Diana?  Can we let her rest in peace?  YES, she and her people tried to get away...BUT...the limo driver was also under the influence?  The car was faulty?  So many possibilities...

Here's an interesting fact!  I work for an elite UK based paparazzi agency and the owner used to get calls from Diana when she was going out for some tea...good publicity is a commodity.

I took the above image in LA awhile back and Kanye acted nice to me.  He makes no attempt to not look at my camera and he gives me the peace sign!  However his bodyguard tries to place his hand over my camera lense(they like that game)....so I slap his hand and tell him to not touch my camera.  This is how things escalate people!  Anyhow, they get into a car...I called out "thanks Kanye".  And that was it!  I got my shot, he's gone and life goes on.  Simple.  

Also note that I have photographed this man on several occasions...

The thing that bothers me the most, is the amount of 'selective memory' coming out of his mouth...he qoute's, "who's winning, me or the media?"  I think the Louis Vuitton Don(as he likes to be called) is being unfair for trying to ban the rights of many visual communications artists who depend on their photography to make a living.  I'm not going to get into ethics....you don't bleed up somebody because they take your photo?  Two wrongs don't make a right?  Anyhow things sounded pretty aggressive, I'm certain tensions ran high and things just got out of hand.

Celebrities either work with paps or they don't.  Some try to extort images for their own interests, while others love the attention and encourage it!

Hypocrisy!

joey!

No comments: