Friday, November 7, 2008

Autumn leaves


Well with Halloween being over and raking all the Autumn leaves around the yard, I recall this same time last year when I took Steve and Erin out for a drive to get their portrait taken.  We drove and drove, until we found the right location that had the right fence, the trees, the leaves and just the right setting.  The Jack Russell belonged to the owner of the property, who granted us permission.  He really wanted to be in the photo...and I think that Steve and Erin couldn't resist him...

This particular image was taken with my Nikon D2X at the time and I also utilized a Gitzo tripod.  I'm an advocate of the tripod.  It allows me to setup and leave my gear so I can fiest my eyes on the couple and talk to them, tweak their pose etc....before I'm ready to jump behind the camera to compose and fire off shots! 

I didn't use any flash, I relied strictly on ambient light and set my camera's white balance to overcast.  I also didn't see a use for my flash, the lighting looked balanced and I wanted to keep it simple!

However I may crop this image...there's a little too much foreground for my liking.  The image also looks too vertical.  I could have used a small ladder and shot down a bit?

Feel free to critique!



1 comment:

Andrew Z. said...

I would crop out the foreground just below their feet.