Monday, October 27, 2008

Junior vs. Senior

IMAGE VIA STROBIST

Well lots of hype lately on the new Nikon SB-900 Speedlights and it appears that many people will flock to Ebay or Craigslist for some used SB-800's. My take is simple, save your money for now...with all the economic melting going on lately, I suggest shopping around for deals on a few 800's. The extra chutzpah on the 900's is nice, but I just can't justify the cost when the 800's work well and are nice and compact. Of course bigger is better...but let's be fair. Give the consumers a break on the price instead of moving forward with the little improvements. Don't get me wrong, I'm very moved by the Nikon speedlights, as many are. But just imagine, Nikon introducing a value pack on Speedlights...perhaps introducing 2 packs, 4 packs or even 6 packs!!! Or buy one and get the second for half price?...just in time for Christmakah!

No comments: