Friday, September 26, 2008

Teaching Workshops

ETOBICOKE
I get the privilege in teaching digital imaging workshops at local elementary schools!  Many of the grade 7 and 8 students participate in Media programs that are implemented by the local school boards these days.  In this photo I was working at the Fairbank Middle School in Etobicoke.  Special thanks to Andrew McCurbin who took a fascination in my work and twisted my arm in educating students at his son's school.  I made a quick call to Epson Canada and worked my magic...they donated several cases of their 'Complete Guide to Digital Printing' books(approximate value $4,500).  I basically walked the students through on some digital imaging tricks and how to work effectively with programs like Adobe Elements and Photoshop.  Yes, I will be doing more workshops.  I have joined forces with Propix and I'm also trying to get more photographers to join me on this project.  Keep checking back, as I will disclose more information on my involvement with local schools!

No comments: