Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Zoo


While I've been going through countless images of zoo animals, I decided to add one more.  I had to shoot through a plastic window and I only wished that I had a longer lens.  This little guy was very content with his playtime, and many of us were watching him with pleasure.  It was the light in his eyes that caught my attention...he was looking up and figuring out what his next move would be.  

The local zoo is always a great place to practise photography.  I suggest it to many students who want to take their photography to the next level etc.  I also recommend renting a telephoto len's if you don't own.  The great thing with longer lenses, is that you get more substance out of the entire experience.  You can shoot tight framed or wide for more photojournalistic style images.  The Nikon 70-200 VR(Vibration Reduction) lens is an asset to any photographer!  I also want to mention that if you do use a monopod with any telephoto lenses, try and switch off the VR, as it defeats it's purpose and apparently the sensor goes nuts...I imagine you also save some battery power.  I will explain more on telephoto lenses and VR etc. in a future article that I am working on.

No comments: