Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oshawa Train Derailment

Well there has been a lot of buzz on the Canadian Pacific train derailment here in Oshawa, over the past couple days. I was able to take some photographs and I will post them up on Joey Media when I get a chance, so check back soon!

Surprisingly, I didn't hear about this derailment until Saturday? I was so busy with the Brooklin Fair, that everything else was forgotten. From what I understand, the incident took place on Friday, around 2:15pm, involving some 27 cars and Oshawa residents were nervous about the chemical tankers associated with this derailment, which occured North of the 401, in the Park Road and Gibb Street area.


I took a ton of photographs, but this park photo did it for me, I thought of innocent people...children playing in that park, 20-30 feet away from such a brutal force of evil!

Ironically, I had photographed a minor train derailment in Whitby about a couple weeks ago. And I have to admit...this raises a lot of public safety concerns.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

louis vuitton bags can never disappoint by going out of style, a fact you can verify by looking at the number of louis vuitton for sale exclusive stores it is opening shortly in far off places like New Delhi this year and in Mumbai later this year. Monogram Denim is also contemplating to collaborate with Monogram Denim Patchwork ; negotiations are in final stage, to open a transient showroom in Tokyo around the same time.